About Me

My photo
So here is my new agenda for the time being: Work, Save and Research. That is the plan.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st, 2011... The Start of a New Year

I think that some people think of a new year as a clean slate, the ability to start something new or the opportunity to fix problems that occur in ones life. I think of the new year as an extension of the old. January 1st is just another day but it is a day to reflect on what has happened over the last year and what, if anything, could be changed and what should be done in the coming year.

I have decided that I want to do a couple things this year that will help me on my way through life.

1. Live my life.  I think that sometimes I get caught up in the day to day aspects of life too often. Finances, careers and household chores.  I want to take a day out of every week or month to have fun. To just go somewhere or do something fun for myself.

2. Give myself the opportunity to be healthier and more focused. This is something that I strive to do every year but this year, with it being my last year at Western Oregon University, it is important that I solidify this now.   I will continue with my weight loss path through Weight Watchers and hopefully achieve my first major weight loss goal this year, my 10% goal.

3.  Pay my debts.  This is something that I have thought about a lot and I think that it's time to start paying everything, even if only in small amounts. I owe so much in loans for my education that I think if I don't start paying it a little now that I won't be able to live comfortably when I have my career. So this is my goal. To pay a little, even if it's only $10, on each debt I owe every month. This is definitely doable.

These are the three major changes that I want to implement this year.  I also want to utilize my latest present and post a video or picture everyday.  This will, hopefully, give me an appreciation for the everyday life around me.

Here is my friend Eric's cat Milo, who is deaf. He's so cute!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment