About Me

My photo
So here is my new agenda for the time being: Work, Save and Research. That is the plan.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to School Tomorrow....woot?

For some weird reason I am not ready to go back to school tomorrow. I think it's because this break was really busy for me and I didn't get to have much of a break.  If I just had another week maybe then I would be ready to go back to WOU.

I also think it's because I have so much to do. Finish my doctoral applications, practice hard for tracking in February, practice for concerto auditions in February, go to the doctor, have surgery and go to school and work. Its a bit much.  Sometimes I just really want to be done with school and get on with a career but other times I just want to stay in school, mostly because I've done it my whole life and it's comfortable.  Yet, I know that for what I want to do with my life I have another 4-6 years of school.  If only I could just skip ahead a little bit, but alas, no.

On another subject at least the routine of school with help me with my weight loss. I always have better success if I am in a routine.  So I guess I'm looking forward to some aspects of being in school.

So I added these pictures because in thinking about school starting again tomorrow I am thinking about the schools that I am applying for my PhD. I went to California in October and saw the campus at University of California at Berkeley and met with a couple of the music faculty. I fell in love with Berkeley and San Fransisco.  When I look at this picture I'm reminded of where I want to be someday and of what I want to accomplish.  So maybe I am ready for school to start, if only because I want this part to come sooner. The part that gets me closer to Doctoral school.  I really hope I get into UC Berkeley, it would be one of the greatest opportunities ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment